Thursday 26 January, 2012

Movie Review: Agneepath

Ok, firstly, I am no big fan of Amitabh's 1990 version of Agneepath, and so went to watch the movie with no expectations. But still, I walked out of the theater with a head ache. Karan Malhotra and Karan Johar, what the hell was that?? I mean, I really wonder what these guys were thinking when they started to make the movie. With this script, and the obvious comparisons to the 1990's film, they should have known that it was an absolute disaster in the making!

Except for Sanjay Dutt, and maybe Katrina Kaif, the film stands no ground. It is a three-hour long, slow, boring movie (did I mention long??). Sanju baba is really good, but he aint Dark Knight's Joker to save the movie. Hrithik tried really really hard to live up to Amithabh's character, but failed miserably. How can he, when he does not appear on the screen until exactly 45 minutes have passed by? And Priyanka, our irritating slum dwelling heroine makes sure that she wears designer sarees with backless blouses all the time, her pallu covering less than half of her bosom, is horrendous. The best part of the movie though is in the climax, when our Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, twice stabbed by the intimidating, bald, scary Kancha Cheena, lives long enough to avenge his father's death. I can't believe that I live in a generation where such kinda dumb and dull movies are still made.

I suggest you stay away from this movie at all costs. Instead, go buy a DVD of Amitabh's version, which though not a classic, is way way better than this version. I expect Mithunda  to entertain you much more than Chikni Chameli!!

In one sentence, it's not Agneepath, but agni pariksha for us!!
Verdict: 3/10

For a detailed review, please visit sasikanth.me/agneepath

2 comments:

You're at Vasu Dev's said...

Um.. The first few lines of your review actually startled me... because i have been getting good reviews... but ofcourse that is the web source... well i dont really say i'm hrithik fan.. but then no matter what if that's not a good movie, the fan thing vanishes... anyways i still respect your review... i actually made plans to go to this movie.. but then i'll give it a second thought.. as i gotta spend around $15-20...!!

btw.. when u get time.. try reading my blog as well... ;) let me know how good/bad it is...!! :)

Unknown said...

well.. there happen to be a few people who liked the movie... so..

I did look at you blog.. its nice.. but the background kinda made it difficult for me to read through stuff...