Wednesday 20 July, 2011

Movie Review: Shagird

On a lazy Wednesday afternoon, having nothing to do while eating awesome lunch I cooked for myself, I started to watch the Nana Patekar starer, Shagrid. Boy oh boy, it turned out to be so bad, that I stopped it midway through, and moreover deleted the file from my hard disk.

Hanumant Singh (Nana Patekar) is a corrupt cop working for Delhi Crime branch. Mohit Alawat (Mohit Kumar) is a new recruit into Hanumant's team full of corrupt cops, who prefer killing to arrest, so as to make money for themselves. Mohit is not comfortable with such behavior, tries to stand up to them but in vain. It is shown that he is someone who is always made fun of at every gathering. His secret crush, Varsha Mathur (Rimi), is a dumb journalist working for Aajtak, who on receiving a phone call from some stranger goes to interview a terrorist leader all alone, without informing anyone, to get kidnapped. The Home ministry now wants a reluctant Hanumant to solve the case.

Ive had enough by now. Even my appetite is dead. Ctrl+Shift+Del!!

God knows what the director (Tigmanshu Dhulia) was trying to do. The screenplay is so pathetic that I had real trouble following what was going on. Hanumant's house is under attack, and he's busy playing chor-police with his new recruit. And what's his reaction when he comes to know about it, nothing!! Music, or to say the background score by Abhishek Ray is awfully sad. Everything else about the movie is sad too. Nana Patekar disappoints!!

Why am I even reviewing this movie in the first place??

Dumbo's rating: 2/10 (for the hour I sat through!!)

Avoid it under all circumstances. If anyone is daring enough to sit though the entire movie, please feel free to complete my review!!

No comments: